Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Melbourne Heartfelt Stampin' Event 2012

Regional Events are now called Heartfelt Stampin' Events in Australia. The whole structure of this event has been revamped. There were 4 classes to attend and a Product Playground where one could play with Stampin' Up! products to one's heart's content. There were also 2 demonstration booths to gather around where you can watch demonstrators showcase particular techniques.  Also, instead of swapping cards, we were encouraged to produce only one to pin on Share Boards.

I loved every minute of it especially the Product Playground. I spent way......... too much time there that I kept missing my classes. Fortunately, the classes were repeated and I could jump in on the ones I missed. Next time, I'm going to attend all my classes in the morning and devote the whole afternoon to the Product Playground and catching up with other people who attended. The whole event ran from 10am - 5pm.

For today's post, I'm going to share with you my Share Board contribution. I used the Mixed Bunch set which debuted in the 2012 Autumn-Winter Mini Catalogue. This set will return in this year's new 2012-2013 Idea Book & Catalogue, so please treat this as a Sneak Peak of what's in store for you.

project recipe
stamps: Mixed Bunch (WM 127516, CM 125537), Sincere Salutations (WM 116416), Season of Joy (WM 113023)

ink: Classic Stampin' Pad - Marina Mist (119668), Lucky Limeade (122935), Calypso Coral (122939); Stampin' Write Markers - Daffodil Delight (119677), Calypso Coral (123002)
card stock: Calypso Coral (124391), Marina Mist (121682) Whisper White (106549)
tools: Big Shot (113439), Labels Collection Framelits (125598), Adorning Accents Edgelits (125595), Adorning Accents Textured Impressions Embossing Folders (125601), Designer Frames Textured Impressions Embossing Folders (123130, Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folders (119976), Bird Builder Punch (117191), XL Oval Punch (119859)
 
cardessence tips
  • stamp two Mixed Bunch flowers in Calypso Coral on Whisper White card stock first;
  • then use your Daffodil Delight marker to pick up Calypso Coral ink from the ink pad and start colouring your flower from the centre outwards - you will get a colour graduation from CC to DD in an even blend of colours;
  • cut your flowers out, turn it over and colour in the reverse side with your Calypso Coral marker;
  • quill one flower with the CC side facing you and use your bone folder to curl alternate petals of the 2nd flower upwards and downwards;
  • adhere these 2 flowers together with the stamped sides facing each other;
  • use your Bird Builder punch to punch out shaped leaves - you may wish to score leaf veins and sponge them to give them some interest and depth;

I hope that you like my contribution and that you will try the marker technique that I've used. Do remember that it will only work with a lighter colour marker to pick up a darker colour. I haven't had any issues with colour contamination (as yet). Have fun.





2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Simone. I felt a teeny tiny bit clever coming up with an original creation (or at least I think it's original). It happens sometimes heh,heh,heh. I made 16 of these for a swap group and almost went cross-eyed cutting out 32 flowers. Luckily, Heartfelt required only 1 for the share board - the beauty of only 1 swap submission allows demonstrators to extend themselves.

      Delete