Friday, June 29, 2012

Another Reason to Smile

Today is the second last day for this promotion. I have enjoyed using this stamp set very much especially since I got it FREE. I am in a water colouring phase at the moment so here is one of my creations with this lovely set. There's still time to get your orders in so contact ME.

Water colouring takes practice but the end result is very satisfying indeed. To get the depth I wanted in my water colouring, I used my Aqua Painter and Stampin' Write Marker in the same colours. The SU Watercolor Paper is fantastic as I could watercolour many layers of ink to get the depth of colour I wanted without it pilling!
  
project recipe
stamps: Reason to Smile (WM 130826, CM130828), It's Your Day (WM 124988)

ink: Classic Stampin' Pad - Concord Crush (119785), Lucky Limeade (122935), Blushing Bride (119786),
StazOn - Jet Black (101406) 
card stock: Concord Crush (106549), Very Vanilla (106550), Watercolor Paper (122959)
dsp: 2010-2011 In Color Paper Stack (117158)
tools: Big Shot (113439), Tasteful Trim (120893) , Designer Frames Textured Impressions Embossing Folders Set (123130)
the added pizzaz: Aqua Painter (103954), Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (116806), Hemp Twine (100982), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

cardessence tips
  • for this card, I cut out the inside of the Designer Frame so that I could mount it over the Watercolor Paper with dimensionals - to give it a shadow box type look;
  • stamp the images on the Watercolor Paper with the StazOn ink;
  • to achieve the layered stamped images, mask the flower images as you stamp - post it notes are best used as stamping masks because they already have temporary adhesive edges;
  • I used my Aqua Painter to pick up the the colours from my ink pads to colour my images - with the ink pads in the closed position, press the lid onto the pad to transfer the ink from the pad to the inside of the ink pad lid to make it easier to ink up the blender pen;
  • be sure not to get your paper too soggy ie. allow for a bit of drying time after a few layers of watercolouring;
  • use the marker to "dot" colour on directly for darker shades and blend in with the Aqua Painter;
  • lastly, apply a light wash of the Shimmer Paint only on the coloured flowers to give them a bit of an X-factor;
I will post another watercoloured card (which I am particularly pleased with) soon, so pop back in a few days time. Until then,

have a great day


2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you don't have comments on this card. With your permission I'd like to post on Pinterest. This card is just so beautiful and your blog is awesome. It will be on my to go to list for a long time. Thanks for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comments Penny. I don't have many comments on my blog so I don't often check the comments. I wish that there is a way that I can get notified when someone comments on my blog so that I could reply. As such, it was a surprise to get yours. Yes of course you can post on Pinterest.

      Delete