Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Stampin' Up! Melbourne Regionals 2011 - Butterfly Surprise

Aside from an annual Australian/New Zealand Convention, each state hosts at least one Regional event per year. I attended my 2nd Regional event in mid-November and this year, I managed to create 25 swap cards compared to only 7 that I did last year. I got the idea for my swap from something that one of my sons did at school and a book I browsed through at Lincraft, combined the 2 ideas using Stampin' Up! products and thus achieved my swaps for this year. What do you think?


project recipe
stamps: Creative Elements (WM 124956, CM120647), Teeny Tiny Sentiments (WM 119185, CM 120024)
ink: Classic Stampin' Pad - Calypso Coral (122939), Lucky Limeade (122935)
card stock: Calypso Coral (124392), Whisper White (106549)
tools: Word Window Punch (119857), Owl Builder Punch (118074) for the medium size circle, Handheld 1/16" Circle Punch, Big Shot (113439), Beautiful Wings(118138), Top Note Bigz Die (113463), Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049), Circle Scissor Plus (112530), Circle Scissor Plus Glass Mat (112531)
the added pizzaz: Gold Brads (104337) or Silver Mini Brads (122941), Blender Pen (102845), Stamping Sponges (101610), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), 2-way Glue Pen (100425), White Baker's Twine (124262) or thin non SU gold cord

cardessence photo tutorial
 Photo 1
  • Use Circle Scissor Plus to cut out 2 pieces of 3" Whisper White card stock;
  • Stamp images as per photo 1 & 2 (below).
  • Sponge edges as per this photo.
Note: I stamped this piece on both sides but only sponged the top side. Reason: so that when it is stretched out, this piece is patterned  on the top and underneath - not a necessary step but a matter of preference.   



Photo 2
  • Stamp, punch, colour in with a blender pen, die cut, sponge to obtain all the pieces in this photo;
  • Trim the 3" WW circle piece so that it's a fraction smaller - don't worry that it's not a perfect circle as the top piece will hide the uneveness;
  • Use dimensionals to adhere the sentiment;
  • Use a brad to affix the butterfly layers in place on the circle piece; lastly
  • Adhere them to the Top Note die cut piece.
  


Photo 3
  •  Fold the first (top) piece into quarters.











Photo 4
  • Use a sharp pair of paper snips and cut in an arc from alternate ends as shown in this photo.








Photo 5
  • Unfold gently and assemble as per main (finished) photo.










I hope that this tutorial is easy to follow as it's my first photo tutorial. Let me know if you like this form of tactile greeting card/bauble.


Bye for now,






2 comments:

  1. Love your beautiful butterfly surprise Evelyn hugs Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment Carolyn. I just noticed that you commented and that you are following my blog. Wahoo - it made my day. I have another follower too (Tracy). Never thought that I would see this day. Very encouraging. See you at Regionals.

    p/s: do you know how I can get my blog to show any comments under my posts other than the embedded type that viewers have to click on for a pop-up?

    ReplyDelete