Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Happy May!

April roundup: I had a fabulous day at the Stamp Your Heart Out fundraiser on Saturday. I met some lovely people and enjoyed myself thoroughly. Lucky me, I even won a raffle (no, it wasn’t rigged). That night, I was so exhausted, I fell asleep on the couch watching TV and when I woke up to go to bed, I couldn’t get to sleep. So what did I do (you ask)? I stamped and made a card of course! It was play time for me as I had little of it with the lead up to the fundraiser. Before I go any further, I would like to give a Big Big Big Thank You to my wonderful friends, Ping, Karen, Elke, Yvonne, Cherie and Lisa for donating their precious time to help me prepare for the SYHO fundraiser. Your generosity, caring and community spirt is invaluable.

Anyway, May is turning out to be quite a busy month for me. I have to churn out 80-100 card fronts to swap at the Annual Stampin’ Up! Convention which begins Thursday next week. Apart from that, I’m having my SU 2011 Autumn-Winter Mini Catalogue party this Friday night, classes/workshops to organise and hold, attend the SU Convention, and a few birthday parties to attend.

2011 May Specials: Deals of the Week
 
May is also the time to grab a bargain or more. Throughout May, SU is releasing weekly specials on items that are discounted up to 40% off their normal price. The first deal of the week began 1 May 2011 and the products listed will only be available at their discounted prices until midnight Tuesday 10 May 2011. Then from midnight 11 May, the 2nd Deal will begin. I will keep you updated each week but you can also check it out yourselves HERE every Wednesday of this month.

The card to your right was made with the lovely Cottage Garden stamp set that’s on sale this week. I made it for my husband’s aunt last year. The photo doesn’t show it but the large flowers were actually stamped separately, cut out, curled and stuck on the card with dimensionals to make the card “pop”. The ultra feminie ink colours are Rose Red, Pretty in Pink and Old Olive. Like it?


Don’t let the deals get away! Contact me to place your order.

May Events


Click here to view  My Events. Please note that classes are limited to 8 people, all materials are supplied and precut but colours may vary. Alternatively, if you prefer to arrange with a group of your friends to have your own private in-home classes, contact me.


2011 Autumn-Winter Mini Catalogue Party
Last week, I sent out invitations for this party. I do hope that you can and will come this Friday evening for a fun evening. You’ll get to use the Create a Cupcake and Nature Walk stamp sets for your Make & Takes. Please call me or email me that you are coming by Thursday.

 


Simply Said Cards (4 cards)
We will use the “Simply Said” stamp set (116414 p43 of IB&C), 2-Step Bird punch (117191 p146 IB&C) and Full Heart punch (119883 p146 IB&C) to create these 4 beautiful cards with a variety of sentiments to suit your purpose.











Punched Flower Scrapbook Box
Interested in creating something other than cards? Well come along and learn how to make the gorgeous flower and set it on the lid of a box. The box opens up as a scrapbook page where you can decorate with photos and embellishments. The flower is approximately 9cm in diameter and the box dimensions are 10cm x 10cm x 10.5cm. This is a stunning gift idea.









happy stamping




No comments:

Post a Comment